Wednesday, August 16, 2006

AN OPEN LETTER FROM MY MOM TO THE JUDGE



Dear Honorable..............:

My name is Jane Greiman and I am writing this on behalf of my son Jamie Greiman.

My son during all of his school years was an excellent student and son. He had remarkable grades and outstanding attendance record. He did so well that he graduated a year early. We argued that decision for months because we did not think at the age of sixteen he was ready for the real world. We finally agreed that if we met with his counselor and he agreed we would let him graduate early. We did just that and he confirmed with Jamie that he would be totally bored and not motivated if he stayed.

He then went to Delta college and went to work for Circuit City. Jamie is a person that has to be challenged in what he does or he looses interest in what he is doing, not that he doesnt still do a good job, but he just needs more. He then applied for a job with AT&T and was hired as a customer representative. He advanced so fast that he was soon flying all over training other employees.

He was employed at AT&T when his younger brother was killed December 23, 1993. He was our rock at that time. If it werent for him I do not even know how we would have set up the funeral and gotten through it. He did everything from picking the music to picking a place for him to rest.

Shortly after his bothers death AT&T went through their major layoffs and I believe it was 12,000 people that got laid off. This is when the son I knew became someone else. He moved to San Francisco and obviously made some very wrong decisions in his life.

Since we bailed Jamie out of jail and he came home to live with us we have actually gotten the son we knew back.

Jamies father has major medical problems. He had seven major surgeries in one year and was in a hospital bed in our living room for a year. He had two lung surgeries for lung cancer and had five knee implants due to staff infection. He also has five stints for heart disease and now he has bee diagnosed with prostrate cancer. Since I work very long hours Jamie has been my salvation. He helps his Dad and with everything and keeps our family going.

I now have the son I love back and I beg for your leniency. I do not want to loose him too. Red Cross does not want to loose him either. As before, Jamie volunteered for Red Cross and has made a major impact. He went to New Orleans twice and was made a supervisor immediately. He now is a manager for the local chapter and is teaching classes.

I beg you to look at what he has done in the last to years and take that in to consideration and be as lenient as the law allows.

A heart broken mother,

Jane Greiman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home